Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cate Blanchett: selfies are 'pathetic'

"People constantly are taking pictures of ourselves to send them to people to see if they like me, 'Do they like me?' said the stunning 46-year-old, who has put her her vanity aside for roles such as Blue Jasmine's Jasmine, where she went completely make-up free.
"It's pathetic, the whole thing about people worrying about what other people are going to think. I just can't handle it.
"Of course you want people to go see the film that you make, of course you want them to enjoy them. But I'm not out there saying, 'Do they like the way I look?'… You have to say, 'This is what I'm doing right now.'"
The mum-of-four added that although social media can be a "genuine way to build community", it can also create jealousy and a sense that the grass is always greener.
"Comes back to self-respect," Blanchett said. "It's this huge thing. 'Like me! Like me!.' The like and the dislike is just totally primary schoolyard.



Cate Blanchett: selfies are 'pathetic'

No comments:

Post a Comment